- RSS Channel Showcase 8398055
- RSS Channel Showcase 5072608
- RSS Channel Showcase 6208979
- RSS Channel Showcase 9933395
Articles on this Page
- 02/26/18--04:31: _William Grant & Son...
- 02/28/18--02:00: _The Lanesborough’s ...
- 03/02/18--05:00: _Old Potrero returns...
- 03/05/18--04:00: _Jura goes smoky as ...
- 03/07/18--03:19: _Tom Aske & Tristan ...
- 03/07/18--03:57: _Kyrö Distillery joi...
- 03/09/18--03:36: _The Balvenie names ...
- 03/12/18--03:57: _Waterford Distiller...
- 03/13/18--05:12: _Compass Box appoint...
- 03/23/18--03:58: _Dave Broom crowdfun...
- 03/26/18--03:05: _Berry Bros & Rudd l...
- 04/02/18--01:00: _Mayfair’s Sexy Fish...
- 04/03/18--09:30: _Dead Rabbit Irish w...
- 04/06/18--01:02: _Glenmorangie releas...
- 04/18/18--06:21: _Diageo invests £150...
- 04/23/18--08:35: _Bushmills boosts it...
- 02/26/18--04:31: William Grant & Sons appoints Calum Fraser as UK rum specialist
- 02/28/18--02:00: The Lanesborough’s Library Bar turns from cognac to whisky
- 03/02/18--05:00: Old Potrero returns to UK after 15 years thanks to FMV
- 03/05/18--04:00: Jura goes smoky as it ditches line extension for Signature Series
- 03/07/18--03:19: Tom Aske & Tristan Stephenson to open more Black Rock bars
- 03/07/18--03:57: Kyrö Distillery joins Maverick Drinks portfolio
- 03/09/18--03:36: The Balvenie names Gemma Paterson global ambassador
- 03/13/18--05:12: Compass Box appoints Cask and launches cocktail comp
- 03/23/18--03:58: Dave Broom crowdfunds for whisky documentary The Amber Light
- 03/26/18--03:05: Berry Bros & Rudd launches new own-label whisky range
- 04/02/18--01:00: Mayfair’s Sexy Fish tastes all 358 of its Japanese whiskies
- 04/03/18--09:30: Dead Rabbit Irish whiskey launches in the UK
- 04/06/18--01:02: Glenmorangie releases Grand Vintage 1989
- 04/23/18--08:35: Bushmills boosts its premium malts for 2018
UK rum specialist sounds like a dream job, right? Well, that’s certainly true for The Finnieston Bar & Restaurant’s Calum Fraser, who has been appointed to do just that for William Grant & Sons. Taking over from Stephen Rutherford, now UK Glenfiddich brand ambassador, Glasgow’s Fraser will focus on generating brand awareness for the Scottish distiller’s sugarcane portfolio, which [...]
The post William Grant & Sons appoints Calum Fraser as UK rum specialist appeared first on Imbibe.
Many of us associate The Lanesborough hotel with the luxurious world of cognac. Its dark, sultry wood-panelled Library Bar is home to a collection of cognacs dating back to the French Revolution. That could all be about to change as the historic hotel turns its attention away from cognac (if just for a second), to [...]
The post The Lanesborough’s Library Bar turns from cognac to whisky appeared first on Imbibe.
Old Potrero 18th century style whiskey is coming to the UK for the first time in 15 years thanks to our friends at Fields, Morris & Verdin. The agency and wholesale division of Berry Bros has managed to get its hands on a limited supply of the San Francisco whiskey. No mean feat after the [...]
The post Old Potrero returns to UK after 15 years thanks to FMV appeared first on Imbibe.
Jura Single Malt Whisky is going the whole hog with its latest launch, as it introduces not one, not two, but five products this April. Marking a signature style shift, Jura has gone all smoky with its new range, Signature Series, replacing existing Origin, Superstition, Diurachs’ Own 16 and Prophecy in the process. The new [...]
The post Jura goes smoky as it ditches line extension for Signature Series appeared first on Imbibe.
Whisky is a category beloved by bartenders, but one that somehow seems to have been overlooked when it comes to innovation in the on-trade. Step forward Thomas Aske and Tristan Stephenson, co-owners of bar operator and drinks consultancy Fluid Movement, who have been tackling the stuffy stasis of the category in recent years. ‘It’s all about [...]
The post Tom Aske & Tristan Stephenson to open more Black Rock bars appeared first on Imbibe.
Joining the likes of Balcones and That Boutique-y Gin Company, Finnish distillery Kyrö has made its way into Maverick Drinks’ portfolio. Founded in 2012 by a group of five friends (after a night in the sauna, we’ve heard), Kyrö is an all-rye distillery, working with the grain to produce a range of gins and single malt whiskies. The [...]
Yesterday might have been International Women’s Day, but we’re still celebrating at Imbibe towers, as Gemma Paterson is named global brand ambassador for The Balvenie. Taking over from Sam Simmons, Paterson is no stranger to the Scottish single malt whisky brand, having spent the past two years as The Balvenie ambassador for East Coast USA. Don’t let her US [...]
The post The Balvenie names Gemma Paterson global ambassador appeared first on Imbibe.
The drinks world is all about sustainability right now, and the latest company to jump on that particular bandwagon is Waterford Distillery with its biodynamic Irish whiskey launch. Waterford Distillery is the brainchild of Mark Reynier – the man behind the comeback of Islay’s Bruichladdich. After setting a milestone in 2016 when it distilled Ireland’s first organic whisky, [...]
The post Waterford Distillery to create ‘world’s first’ biodynamic Irish whiskey appeared first on Imbibe.
In alliteration overload, Compass Box has announced it’s appointed Cask Liquid Marketing and launched ‘The Circle’ competition. Cask will take over UK on- and off-trade distribution and marketing for the Scotch whisky, which will undoubtedly include promoting The Circle. What is this, I hear you cry? Bartenders will compete in teams of two in regional [...]
The post Compass Box appoints Cask and launches cocktail comp appeared first on Imbibe.
One of the most celebrated spirit writers in the UK Dave Broom has launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise £40,000 to make a whisky documentary. Titled The Amber Light, the film will explore the lesser-known past and present of whisky in Scotland and the wildly creative spheres of art, music, literature and food that whirl around [...]
The post Dave Broom crowdfunds for whisky documentary The Amber Light appeared first on Imbibe.
Wine and spirit merchant Berry Bros & Rudd has announced the launch of The Classic Range, a collection of blended whiskies that each represent a classic style of scotch. There will be four in the collection to start with – two geographic blends, in an Islay and a Speyside, and two cask styles in Sherry [...]
The post Berry Bros & Rudd launches new own-label whisky range appeared first on Imbibe.
Imbibe’s acting online editor Jane Ryan takes a trip to Sexy Fish to taste Europe’s largest collection of Japanese whiskies It’s 9.30 in the morning and I’ve got my nose stuck in a tasting glass of Hakushu Bourbon Barrel 2013. Across from me, Fluid Movement’s Tristan Stephenson is throwing words around like supple, marzipan and [...]
The post Mayfair’s Sexy Fish tastes all 358 of its Japanese whiskies appeared first on Imbibe.
Over the long Easter weekend, UK bar owners were found excitedly ripping open toy rabbits with beady eyes replaced by stitched red crosses and backs jaggedly sewn together, barely containing their soft fluffy insides. No this wasn’t some kind of mass Easter bunny slaughter, for these sacrificial rabbits had more than stuffing inside. That seam down their [...]
Adding to its vintage collection, Glenmorangie has released a 27-year old spirit from the final days of its former still house, named Glenmorgangie Grand Vintage Malt 1989. The first Glenmorangie to be part-matured in ex-Côte Rôtie casks, the whisky is the second limited release in the distillery’s Bond House No.1 vintage collection, which explores some [...]
Diageo is giving its 12 Scotch whisky distilleries a £150 million cash injection for their visitor centres, culminating in the biggest single investment in Scotch whisky tourism. At the centre of this enormous revamp will be a new state-of-the-art Johnnie Walker immersive experience in Edinburgh, which will double as a new hub for Diageo’s business in [...]
The post Diageo invests £150 million in Edinburgh-based Scotch whisky visitor experience appeared first on Imbibe.
Irish whiskey is booming, premium whisk(e)y is exploding… and for Bushmills this means increasing production of its sought-after, limited-edition 16yo single malt by 100%. The company revealed the increase in production in line with the announcement that the 2018 release of its 16yo and 21yo variants is available. There’s going to be a tweak to the [...]